Way to monitor sample rate? Alsaequal.

Is there any way of finding the sample rate being output from alsa?

Scenario is that I have bought a small DAC which works fine, but I
would like to use the alsaequal mixer with it. Does the fact that is
going through alsa mean that the rate will be upsampled?

Details on alsaequal are here (great equaliser by the way):

http://www.thedigitalmachine.net/alsaequal.html

Any way it would be nice if there was an app that I could test sample
rate etc with if anyone knows of one.

Cheers

--
Don't look back, the lemmings are gaining on you.