Re: info request please

Le Fri, 7 Oct 2011 12:16:57 +0100,
Richard <richard@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

> Hi,
> Please ignore the mails sent from the wrong account, sorry
>

> Could someone point me in the direction of some easy to understand
> info on setting the device numbering so that it does not change each
> time the computer is booted,
>
> ie the idiots guide :)

This is one of the most frequent questions and it is answered at
alsa.opensrc.org as well than several times on this
list.

http://alsa.opensrc.org/MultipleCards (It is even a direct link to this
article on the main page)

The options for sound cards order are snd cards_limit=n and index=x

After reading this article, if you fail to configure your system,
please try to make more specific request.

Dominique

--
"We have the heroes we deserve."