Mono output from pcm.type dmix

Hi,

I have a dmix pcm and would like for the output to be converted to mono. The problem is my front mic is recording to the right channel but my front speakers only picks up the left channel making audio recordings from the front mic very very faint.

here's my asound.conf:

cm.!default {
  type plug
  slave.pcm "asymed"
}

#This is the audio output:
pcm.dmixer {
        type dmix
        ipc_key 1024
        slave {
                pcm "hw:0,0"
                # period_time 0
                period_size 1024
                # buffer_size 4096
                buffer_size 8192
                #rate 44100
                rate 48000
        }
        bindings {
                0 0
                1 1
        }
}

ctl.dmixer {
        type hw
        card 0
}

#This is the microphone
pcm.dsnooped {
   ipc_key 1027
   type dsnoop

   slave {
       pcm "hw:0,0"
       channels 2
       period_size 1024
       buffer_size 4096
       rate 48000
       periods 0
       period_time 0
   }

}

#This makes both channels work together.
pcm.asymed {
       type asym
       playback.pcm "dmixer"
       capture.pcm "dsnooped"