Re: Focusrite VRM Box

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 12:52 PM, Clemens Ladisch
<cladisch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Fabio Tonti wrote:
>> is there any way to get this device to work with Linux?
>
> Yes; plug it in.  :-)
>
>>       bInterfaceClass         1 Audio
>
> This is a standard-conformant audio device which should just work.
> Does it appear in the output of "aplay -l"?
Thanks for the quick reply. Yes it is listed there, but when I run
alsamixer, it just says "this device has no audio controls". Also, the
LED on the device is not on (as it is in Windows). I've tested this on
two machines with two current installation of Ubuntu and Arch Linux on
both. What could be the problem?

Best wishes,
Fabio