Re: Compile fails: @CONFIG_SND_KERNELSRC@/include/linux/pci_ids.h: No such file or directory

On 29-08-11 01:00, Takashi Sakamoto wrote:
Hi,

The bug is caused by debian patches, not ALSA original source.

See my report to Ubuntu's bug tracking system in launchpad.net.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/alsa-driver/+bug/832137
Many thanks for your fast reply.

Your bug report does not entirely correspond to my experience, using the Alsa-Ubuntu source available available below.

At point 2-1 you mention the files below are to be edited. However, the first does not seem to exist in that directory but only in the one below. The second is only created after the package is configured.
/include/linux/pci_ids_compat.h
/include/linux/i2c_id.h

Your cure does correspond to my experience. However, it needs to be applied to the files mentioned below. Thereafter the compile fails as described in your bug-report at 2-2 which does correspond to my experience.
include/pci_ids_compat.h.in
include/i2c-id_compat.h.in

Source package Alsa-Ubuntu:
http://www.voyage.hk/dists/0.7/alsa-driver/alsa-source_1.0.24+dfsg-0ubuntu1_all.deb