Re: usb soundcard recommendation 8 out ?

Just look for USB 2.x, "class compliant", 24bit + 96kHz, and for 8
channels something like 7.1 surround which is technically 8 channels.

M-Audio has a Sonica Theater, which is USB and 7.1.  Which might work,
as I've seen mention of it on the pulse-audio topics of discussion.
But I don't have such a device.  Sabrent USB-SND8 seems to be another
one.  And some others.  If "OUTPUT" is all that you need.  I don't
know of their Alsa status, but there's mention of them in some linux
forums and that at least suggests hope.

If you're looking for an 8 channel capture device in USB, I think
you'll be disappointed.  But there's a few dedicated devices that have
USB options like the Zoom R16 which might suit those needs.

- James