Re: Spikes when recording

It's conceivable that it's the UPS itself that performs some chore at
the same time everyday.  You could try plugging into the mains (without
UPS) during that period of time and see if the problem goes away.

Otherwise, I agree that it could be some sort of once-a-day RFI that may
be difficult to track down.