Re: How to record the mic and speaker at the same time?

On Mon, 18 Apr 2011, cong fu wrote:

> My use case is just add a backgroud music to my voice record.
>
> Thanks for you suggestion for JACK.
>
> But can i use "~/.asoundrc" or "amixer" to realize it?

I have never used jack myself I am afraid. I just know that it is what is
often suggested for doing the kind of mixing you are refering to. Again, it
would seem that you could always add in the background music afterwards (or
even if your system is playing the music it will come in through the
microphone with your voice anyway.)