Re: overrun with 'arecord' - why ?

On Fri, 8 Apr 2011 09:56:46 -0500
James Shatto <wwwshadow7@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[snip]
> If you're trying to capture content from
> the browsers, there's other ways to accomplish that IMO.  Without
> having to sample the output from a soundcard on a soundcard.
> Otherwise when browsers access sound, it's generally the old OSS way
> (/dev/dsp).  A few extras like java and flash have gotten smart about
> more modern ways, but not all sounds from a web browser are triggered
> by those methods.  And not all versions of those things are smart
> about it.
[snip]

No, I'm not trying to capture content from browsers; the browsers have
no relationship to what I'm doing.

I'm capturing data from 'Line In' - even if browsers need to play sound
(which they don't - for starters, Flash is blocked), the browsers have
nothing to do with 'Line In'.

Please also see my replay to myself - with 'sox' it just works.

Also, I don't care about latency. At all.

Regards,
  Sergei.