Re: wine does not like my config of ALSA - wants master control and PCM Playback Volume

So, I played with my WINE setup some more, and by creating some registry entries, I was able to force WINE to use my "default" ALSA pcm.

http://wiki.winehq.org/UsefulRegistryKeys

Here are my new entries in WINE's user.reg file:

[Software\\Wine\\Alsa Driver] 1300973815
"AutoScanCards"="no"
"AutoScanDevices"="yes"
"DeviceCount"="1"
"DeviceCTL1"="default"
"DevicePCM1"="default"
"UseDirectHW"="yes"

[Software\\Wine\\DirectSound] 1300976391
"DefaultBitsPerSample"="32"
"DefaultSampleRate"="96000"
"HardwareAcceleration"="Full"

[Software\\Wine\\Drivers] 1300939175
"Audio"="alsa"

This allows me to play and record at 32-bit and 48kHz.  I can also record at 32-bit and 96kHz; however, the 96kHz playback is very distorted.  I don't know if it's a buffer mismatch or what.

Any suggestions on how I can modify my .asoundrc file to help make it more WINE friendly?

Thanks!

Trevor