MobilePre USB support

Hi,
     I'm looking for a relatively inexpensive USB audio interface that will
work (painlessly) on a laptop running Gnewsense, which would basically
mean either Hardy or Squeeze.  After some looking and reading I'm thinking
about something like

Maudio Fast Track (one with the knobs on the top)

Fast Track Pro

or MobilePre (one with the knobs on the top).

Can anyone tell me which of these works the most reliably with ALSA?  Or
if there's some other interface in this price range that has an XLR input
and works as well as the USB Transit seems to do?

I basically want to record into Ardour or Pure Data, and monitor with
headphones.

Thank you,
Jonathan