Raw Midi Bug?

I seem to be experiencing a problem with raw midi access.

I'm on Ubuntu 10.04, using ALSA 10.0.22.

I wrote a program to capture MIDI bytes using the ALSA raw MIDI API. It works 100% fine if I connect directly to the device for my hardware MIDI controller (hw:1,0,0). However, if I try to connect to the "virtual" device to create a virtual port, which I then connect to the controller using aconnect, MIDI bytes are dropped at every key press. I also had the same issue when capturing data using the amidi program. The output is corrupted.

I want to know if anyone is aware of such a bug and possible known fixes. So far, my google searches have revealed nothing useful.

- Maxime