You guys are great!

Thanks for the help so far. I will use the onboard card for general
sound and the M2496 for Jack. I have read two sound cards is a good way
to be able to have pulse and Jack running on the same box. I have
learned from the Internet how to get Jack started. A couple of small
config details and Jack is now running and hydrogen connects to it.

The message window states:
cannot lock down memory for RT thread(Cannot allocate memory) and I get
a lot of xrun errors.

In one of the first starts it was indicated to change
the /etc/security/limits.conf file. Then add myself to the audio user
group. Within these first attempts to start Jack there was something
indicated about the possibility of these xrun errors.

The RT letters in the Jack Audio Connection Kit window blink meaning ?
Real time is OK?

My Patchbay is empty. This is likely a bad thing, I think. I have no
output from the M2496.

For the last couple hours I have been in Fedora Forums, jackaudio.org
and sourceforge without finding what I hoped would be written for Jack
Audio. If you guys know of some good sources for info on Jack, I and my
wife would be very appreciative.

Namaste,

Kevin Tough