Re: HDMI with more than 2ch ?

Dear Xavier,

Am Mittwoch, den 12.01.2011, 17:30 +0100 schrieb Xavier Bestel:
> On Sun, 2011-01-09 at 20:46 +0100, Xavier Bestel wrote:

> > I'm using HDMI output on an HD 2600, using KMS from kernek 2.6.37.
> > The problem is that only 2ch are supported (not 1, not 3 or more). I
> > tested with speaker-test, it only works with -c 2.
> >
> > So how can I access the other PCM channels ? There are 8 of them
> > available in the HDMI standard.
>
> Was that a FAQ, or a stupid question, or too hard a problem ?

I am sorry, that nobody answered your question, and I am afraid, that I
cannot help either.

From my experience your chances to get an answer are better when
contacting alsa-devel [1].

I think you could add the exact error message of the command you ran and
maybe attach the output of `alsa-info.sh` [2]. I doubt it will help, but
it does not hurt either.

Thanks and I hope, someone more knowledgeable will help you,

Paul

[2] http://alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Help_To_Debug