Help getting HDMi and Line out audio working with ALSA - Mythbuntu 10.10 please

hello;

I have been battling with this for sometime and still have no luck.  I have a mythbuntu 10.10 media center with HDMI connection to my TV providing audio and picture without issue, i would also like to be able to use the line out/headphone analogue output at the same time (so as to feed speakers in a different room).

aplay -l gives the following:

card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 0: ALC1200 Analog
subdevices 1/1
subdevice #0; subdevice #0

card 0; NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 1: ALC1200 Digital
subdevices 1/1
subdevice #0; subdevice #0

card 0; NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 3: NVIDIA HDMI
subdevices 1/1
subdevice #0; subdevice #0

I have set my asoundrc as per this link (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1541853/.asoundrc) from the XBMC guys that i thought would work for me, but i dont get analogue audio from alsa:default mixer (i dont have the option for alsa:both which i think this asoundrc is creating, is this odd?)..

During my many attempts to get this working i have been playing with asound.conf, i have had a hard time working out exactly what should go in asounrc and what in asound.conf and not sure if both are need or these 2 config actually would work togeather anyway. My asound.conf looks like this;

pcm.digital-hw {
        type hw
        card 0
        device 3
}

ctl.digital-hw {
        type hw
        card 0
        device 3
}

pcm.analog-hw {
    type hw
    card 0
    device 0
}

ctrl.analog-hw {
    type hw
    card 0
}

pcm.!default {
type plug
slave {
pcm multi
rate 48000
}
ttable.0.0 1.0
ttable.1.1 1.0
ttable.0.2 1.0
ttable.1.3 1.0
}

pcm.stereo {
type plug
slave {
pcm multi
rate 48000
}
ttable.0.0 1.0
ttable.1.1 1.0
ttable.0.2 1.0
ttable.1.3 1.0
}

ctl.stereo {
type hw
card 0
}

pcm.multi {
type multi
slaves.a.pcm "analog-hw"
slaves.a.channels 2
slaves.b.pcm "digital-hw"
slaves.b.channels 2
bindings.0.slave a
bindings.0.channel 0
bindings.1.slave a
bindings.1.channel 1
bindings.2.slave b
bindings.2.channel 0
bindings.3.slave b
bindings.3.channel 1
}

ctl.multi {
type hw
card 0
}

Please can someone help me sort this mess i have made for myself out.  I guess my questions are, do i need asound.conf and asoundrc?  If not, which can i delete.  I just want audio in Stereo through HDMI and any of the line out / headphone sockets on my sound card so what should i put into my asound file/files to get this working.

I did try playing with pulse but to no avail, i think actually having done more research that mythtv automatically suspends any pulse audio at start up to allow ALSA to work correctly, but willing to be corrected.

Andy