MIDI Configuration of Ploytec MIDI<->USB Device

Hello all,

I am using two Ploytec MIDI cables for connecting my keyboard to my PC.
One should work as IN port the other should work as OUT port. These
cables have a MIDI plug on one side and a USB plug on the other. The
electronics are embedded in one of the ends of the cable.

My problem is, that both devices are recognized as IN ports. I am using
energyXT for recording and MIDI sequencing and could not figure out how
to enable MIDI out... :(

I have a new notebook with Gentoo Linux installed. My old workstation
was also a Gentoo based system and there it worked. I had MIDI IN and
OUT with these two cables but I don't know what I have done to make it
work. I am using Jack and everything works fine except MIDI.

Can someone tell me where I could do the mapping of my MIDI
cables/devices to IN and OUT? Is this possible?

Thanks for your help!

Regards,
Johannes