Re: DC Offset on microphone input

On Sun, 9 Jan 2011, IL'dar AKHmetgaleev wrote:

> Greetins.
>
> I have USB headset which produces a little DC Offset when I'm recording
> sound.
> Windows magicaly corrects it even inside virtual machine.
>
> How can I remove DC Offset from my microphone input?

Not sure what you mean. Do you mean that there is an electrical voltage on
that input or that when you record, there is a non-zero mean level?
If the former, then that is probably to give power to electret condenser microphones
to run their fets. If the latter, then you can always apply a digital filter
that takes out ultra low frequencies.

> As I know there is a lot cheap hardware which produces DC Offset.

A capacitor removes DC offset. and they are quite cheap.