Alsa Not Working After Update To Kernel 2.6.37

Hello,

Alsa has given me trouble-free sound for many years and across
many kernel versions.  However, after updating my machine to
the latest kernel 2.6.37, my sound card is no longer recognized.
The only change to my system is the new kernel 2.6.37.  Everything
else is exactly the same.  To get sound with Alsa I have to reboot
into kernel 2.6.36.

My sound card is M-Audio Delta Audiophile 2496 and it uses the
ice1712 alsa module.

With kernel 2.6.37, amixer gives the message:
amixer: Mixer attach default error: No such device

Also, running aplay -l:
aplay: device_list:235: no soundcards found...

Similarly for alsamixer:
cannot open mixer: No such device

But lspci -v shows:

04:00.0 Multimedia audio controller: VIA Technologies Inc. ICE1712 [Envy24] PCI Multi-Channel I/O Controller (rev 02)
        Subsystem: VIA Technologies Inc. M-Audio Delta Audiophile 2496
        I/O ports at 1040 [size=32]
        I/O ports at 1070 [size=16]
        I/O ports at 1060 [size=16]
        I/O ports at 1000 [size=64]
        Kernel driver in use: ICE1712
        Kernel modules: snd-ice1712

Has anyone else experienced this problem?  What can I do to debug this further?

Frank Peters