Re: Bluetooth headset works, but ...

An update.  Fedora sets the default ALSA device to PulseAudio, and
PulseAudio was not using the headset as its default source, even though
I used the KDE applet to "prefer" it.  After using padevchooser to set
the headset as the default audio source, arecord now records from the
headset, rather than the microphone built in to the laptop.

Even better, I have defined ALSA devices that specifically represent the
speaker and microphone in my headset, so I don't have to change the
PulseAudio default devices to make things work.  Here is my .asoundrc:

pcm.hk201_sink {
    type pulse
    device bluez_sink.00_24_1C_36_A3_6B
    hint {
        description "Motorola HK201 - Speaker"
    }
}

pcm.hk201_source {
    type pulse
    device bluez_source.00_24_1C_36_A3_6B
    hint {
        description "Motorola HK201 - Microphone"
    }
}

Ian Pilcher                                         arequipeno@xxxxxxxxx