Re: Webcam mic non-functional on Toshiba Satellite T215D-S1150

Does anyone have any idea as to what the problem could be? :/

Jonathan

On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 2:52 PM, Jonathan Busby <jonathanbusby@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The following was posted to the Linux Mint and Ubuntu forums with no response as yet.

Besides the ones referred to below, here is my current ALSA configuration :

http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=ce83d390d1f3e3fa02acdfb5f852668b25f063b8

This was adapted from a post on the Linux Mint forums. I'm running Linux Mint 9 Isadora KDE 64-bit which is a derivative of Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid 64-bit :

I've been trying to get the webcam mic on my Toshiba Satellite T215D-S1150 notebook/netbook to work to no avail. My model has a Realtek ALC269 audio chipset combined with an ATI southbridge ( ATI Technologies Inc SBx00 Azalia (Intel HDA) (rev 40) ) using the "snd_hda_intel" kernel module. I've attempted using basically every combination of settings in "alsamixer" that makes sense. In addition to that, I've tried adding the "options snd-hda-intel model=" parameter in "/etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf" starting with "basic" and trying every combination of "Input Source." I've also tried the "auto", "lenovo", "toshiba" and "3stack" models, but nothing works -- In each instance I get nothing when I try "arecord -t wav -f cd filename" and/or try-to-capture-sound/access-the-mic in eg. VLC Media Player or Skype where in the case of VLC I've tried "Open Capture Device..." where I've tried every possible audio device node with "Audio device name" and in the case of Skype I've tried "Skype Test Call."

My ALSA system information for the default model and the model "basic" respectively can be accessed here :

http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=5a7e986d7cad81213d2ef64f02ae478c7994c4d7

http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=f334a100b0c173875d838e57e42e7c23d98da8b7

Currently I'm at a loss as to what the problem is or what further action to take.

I'd be grateful for any assistance.

Thanks,

Jonathan