Speaker assignment problem

Hello,

I have managed to get my Zotac IONITX NVidia ION board to produce sound over HDMI finally. When I runÂ

speaker-test -Dhdmi:NVidia -c8 twav

I see that my amp correctly identifies the sound as 7.1. The problem is the speaker channel assignments are wrong. Main problem seems to be the right speaker not being used at all. My sound system is a Sony HT-CT500 which is 3.1. All sounds come from Left, Center and LFE.

My .asoundrc file is as follows:

pcm.dmixer {
ÂÂ type dmix
ÂÂ ipc_key 1024
ÂÂ ipc_key_add_uid false
ÂÂ ipc_perm 0660
ÂÂ slave {
ÂÂ Â Âpcm "hw:0,3"
ÂÂ Â Ârate 48000
ÂÂ Â Âchannels 8
ÂÂ Â Âformat S32_LE
ÂÂ Â Âperiod_time 0
ÂÂ Â Âperiod_size 1024
ÂÂ Â Âbuffer_time 0
ÂÂ Â Âbuffer_size 4096
ÂÂ }
}
pcm.!default {
ÂÂ type plug
ÂÂ slave.pcm "dmixer"
}

My asound.conf file is as follows:

pcm.!hdmi-remap {
ÂÂtype asym
ÂÂplayback.pcm {
ÂÂ Âtype plug
ÂÂ Âslave.pcm "remap-surround71"
ÂÂ}
}
pcm.!remap-surround71 {
ÂÂtype route
ÂÂslave.pcm "hw:0,3"
ÂÂttable {
ÂÂ Â0.0= 1
ÂÂ Â1.1= 1
ÂÂ Â2.4= 1
ÂÂ Â3.5= 1
ÂÂ Â4.2= 1
ÂÂ Â5.3= 1
ÂÂ Â6.6= 1
ÂÂ Â7.1= 1
ÂÂ}
}

I have also changed HDA-Intel.conf file as shown inÂhttp://pastebin.com/f2e38265

I'm running ubuntu 10.10 with ALSA 1.0.23.

Thanks for any guidance.

Selim