Re: Can't play mp3 with mpg123, but wav with aplay works

On Tue, 26 Oct 2010 00:00:07 +0100
Wojciech Bober <wojciech.bober@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to build mp3 jukebox out of Efika, which is an embedded
> MPC5200 based board. I got to the stage where I'm able to play a wav
> file using aplay. But when I try to play an mp3 using mpg123 it
> freezes after decoding a few frames. I spent a few hours trying to get
> this work, but I'm slowly running out of ideas.   I'm running crux 2.6

[snip]

I think you should "slower your pace". I.e. being in your shoes I would
first try to verify that mpg123 _decoder_ works, leaving ALSA out of the
picture for a time being.

To do the verification I would try to convert MP3 file into WAV file, then
I would try to check how the WAV files plays/sounds - the latter maybe (also
in a different computer.

If/when it's verified the decoding part work, then the ALSA issues can be
dealt with.

Regards,
  Sergei.