ALSA sometimes runs sometimes not ?

Hi,

I have trouble on my server, soundinterface is setted up to use ALSA.
sometimes it works fine, sometimes after reboot there's no sound.
on pressing test-button in snd-prefs I get the message :

audiotestsrc wave=sine freq=512 ! audioconvert ! audioresample !
gconfaudiosink: Could not open audio device for playback.

when I do a reboot again, then it works again... :-?

in both cases I get message : starting ALSA : DONE
in case that it does not work after a boot,
and I try to select the ICH6 intel chip directly instead of ALSA
some apps running, other apps requires ALSA to run...

what can I do to make the soundinterface working stable on all reboots?

BTW: even if ALSA works after reboot, there is one app on my server
called xlite (sipphone) ... in its config I can only select "default"
for soundoutput, no other entry, and it says "cannot open audio",
on my last mainboard 1,5 weeks ago that app worked fine.
so what went wrong?

can anyone helps me to understand ?

kind regards,
ralf