Control PlugIn for ALSA...

Hi all,
I m writing control plugin for ALSA and which controls the audio post processing like volume up, volume down etc..
Actually there is processor which will care of audio post processing so i cannot use ALSA API. For audio post processing i m writing plug in for ALSA.
But the thing is that the processor is not seeing as any device and in order to write the plug in we need the device name and driver name so can any body tell
how do i m make that processor as device...?

Thanks in Advance,
Ganesh