s/pdif progress, input works but output doesn't

Hi all. While I have not been able to resolve this problem as of yet, I have
narrowed down where the problem could exist. As it turns out, my NVidia GTX280M
uses SPDIF input to output audio via the HDMI port, and that is what is
currently working; I am not getting any sound out of my optical output jack
still. Is there some way that I could echo some values to
/sys/class/sound/hwC0D1/user_pin_configs to effectively route the digital playback subdevice to
the optical S/PDIF output instead of to the input header? Supposedly this is
possible with the Windows Realtek drivers somehow, according ot another forum
reply I received on the topic. Alsa info can be found
at http://lava-net.com/alsa-info.txt. Any ideas on this would be appreciated, as
I am at a loss currently as what to try next. Thanks in advance!
--
Igor