Create virtual sound device

Hi!

I'm trying to set up mumble on Gentoo. Generally all output is passed to the rear channels to some speakers. But sometimes it would be preferable that some output is passed to a headset connected with the front output,
e.g. mumble conversations.
My problem is, that mumble only seem to list physical devices but not "virtual" ones configured by this way: http://alsa.opensrc.org/.asoundrc#Splitting_front_and_rear_outputs. Do you have any suggestion how I can create a virtual sound device that seem to be a physical one for mumble? Or is there a wrapper-like solution that reroutes output only for mumble?

Kind regards
Patrick Trübe
http://redirect.gimas.net/?n=M1006xHMTL6
Künftig E-Mails ohne Werbung – Nutzen Sie Hotmail auch geschäftlich.