Re: no sound, audigy 2zs

On 11 June 2010 18:31, Kristoffer Gustafsson <kg84@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi.
> Now I've gotten the audigy 2zs as first soundcard.
> I edited the /etc/modprobe.d/asound/alsa-base.conf file.
> there i set option snd-hda-intel index=-2
> And alsactl init says that audigy is the card I'm using now, but no sound at
> all from the card.
> It works to play music, no errors when using mplayer, but no sound at all is
> heard.
> Is there a bug or so in the driver for debian squeeze, or have I missed
> something.
> I have set all controls in alsa mixer to 100%

If you can use the command line, try the following:

speaker-test -D plug:front:0 -c2 -twav

You should here a voice from the speakers.

You might have connected the speakers into the wrong socket. The
correct socket is the "Green" one.
One option is to set the speaker-test program running, and then try
the speakers in each socket until one works.

Kind Regards

James