Force-enabling a video mode breaks HDMI audio on Intel DG45FC

Hi Wu, I'm back to breaking stuff again :)

First of all, the good news, HDMI (and SPDIF) audio works really well
with 2.6.34...none of the previous problems with silence etc, seem to
remain and the driver now seems to automagically map the channels to
what ALSA userspace expects.

However, I've found a new issue.

My receiver likes to report a hardcoded list of supported video modes
(1080i being the main one) via EDID which are not really useful. So I
usually don't see the boot messages (X.org has 1080p hardcoded so once
it starts I get a reasonable mode).

I recently tried played with the video= kernel parameter, and booting
with:
video="HDMI Type A-1:1920x1080@60D"

gives me a proper video mode from the beginning. However, it also seems
to break HDMI audio. Booting with that parameter -> no audio, receiver
doesn't light up, etc. Booting without that parameter -> audio works as
expected.

Any ideas?

--
David Härdeman