VT1708S: Problems when multiple apps try to use the sound device at the same time

Hey guys,

I have some issues with the "VIA VT1708S" codec of the hda-intel driver.
As soon as one application opens the audio device it will block the
whole device so I'm not able to use e.g. amarok and mplayer at the sime
time.
In some cases I have to restart/quit the application which is "blocking"
the device to be able to use the sound device from another app.

I was using alsa-driver 1.0.21 and now trying 1.0.23 but its still the
same...

I recently bought a new mainboard which includes this chipset and
directly had these issues.
My old board had an MCP55/nvidia codec which was fine, even with the
same drivers version.
The "AD1981" codec on my laptop works fine as well its just the
"VT1708S" which makes trouble :(

I couldn't find a solution for my problem so I hope I can get one here.
The alsa-info output (with 1.0.21, I didn't change my configs with
1.0.23) can be found here:
http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=603e65fe624c01adca91ca865c618eac742434c5

Analog, SPDIF and everything else works fine so far.. so just the
blocking device...

In some cases it even crashed some apps when I was trying to play a
video or so while another app was using the device already.

--
Regards,
Christian Ruppert