jack sensor

Hi Guys,

I am posting here because i desperate trying to make my jack sensor
work. Basically, my jack sensor is not recognized in gnome alsamixer.
Which in turns, makes it impossible to mute the internal speakers when
pluging a headset for example. I do have sound in the headset. By adding
this line to alsa-base.conf "options snd-hda-intel model=eapd
probe_mask=1 position_fix=1" I was able to mute the internal speakers
while connecting external speakers. I am having very good sound with my
external speakers.
- I have the latest alsa-1.0.22.1
- I am running Ubuntu 9.10 2.6.31-20-generic
- sound card:
	Codec: Conexant CX20582 (Pebble)
	Codec: Intel G45 DEVCTG
- I have checked in the alsa doc and it seems that I am out of luck
because my chipset has no compatibility with alsa driver.
- I have installed the graphical front-end to the Default Sound Card
chooser (asoundconf). That way I can now select my own sound card "hda
intel" or "pulse". Why is pulse part of this choice, I do not know: May
be due to the fact that Ubuntu uses a server pulse audio be default
(please correct me if I am wrong). I know this; none of the two
solutions work. My external headset does work but I cannot mute the
internal speakers. Most of all, when I mute the master. I loose all
possibility to regain control of the sound in my headset or external
speakers. I either have to reboot my machine or shut off the alsa server
(sudo /etc/init.d/alsa-utils stop) and start it up again. I have just
noticed as we speak that when I run the command-line
cat /proc/asound/card0/codec#* | grep Codec, only "Codec: Conexant
CX20582 (Pebble)". I am not seeing "Codec: Intel G45 DEVTG". I dont know
what that means, but I have a feeling that I am not going to like it :)
This is the output of lspci -nv --> http://pastebin.com/1CBdwNud

I would really appreciate some help here or even some pointers on where
to look next and what is really happening with my sound card.

Cheers to all of you,

zongo