Re: Volume jumps to 100% on KDE startup in KDE 4.4.0-4.4.1

Well, I would try looking in
/etc/alsa/pulse-default.conf
to see if there is anything in there that is setting the volume.

Also, try turning down the volume, then do
alsactl restore
and see if the volume jumps up again ( ie it is being stored in the alsa
control-- /etc/asound.state)