Re: Problem with Gigabyte H55M-S2H Motherboard with Intel HDMI sound

>> I am having a problem with HDMI audio on a Gigabyte H55M-S2H
>> motherboard.  No matter what I try, I cannot get sound to the attached
>> TV over the HDMI link.
>>
>> I think that the drivers are in place, and I don't get any errors when
>> trying different playback methods, I just don't get sound from the TV.
>
> I really have no clue. But did you check, that the cable works. Do you
> get sound on the TV with another system?

I have tried two cables to two different inputs on the TV.  I only
have 1 TV with HDMI inputs.

>> After reading a HD audio debug text file, I added debug output to the
>> built in kernel modules and got the following information.
>
> Can you attach the diff with what you changed in the modules?

I did not change anything with the modules themselves, I just checked
off the debug options in the kernel config.

>> Driver version:     1.0.21
>> Library version:    1.0.20
>> Utilities version:  1.0.20
>
> You could try to use the latest releases and even Git head.

Looks like that this the next step...

>> !!Loaded ALSA modules
>
> That does not look right. You should have ALSA modules loaded.

For the record, they are built into the kernel.  I'm not actually using modules.