Re: Intel HDA: HDMI audio on i945GT

Am Dienstag, den 02.03.2010, 17:56 +0000 schrieb Wil:
> I’ve recently setup a new HTPC with video on HDMI

Great. Just for my interest to know about tried/tested HTPC setups. Did
you put the components you used somewhere?

>  and audio via IEC958.

Was it hard to setup? Or did you just follow [1]?

> Unfortunately my amp needs a repair and my TV only supports audio over
> HDMI so I thought it might be good to see if it was possible to get
> HDMI audio working as the motherboard packaging insists that it is J.
> I also have an issue at the moment with the AV sync being out by over
> 100ms which hopefully can be resolved by switching to HDMI. I’m quite
> happy to patch the ALSA source and/or the Intel video driver if
> required. So if anyone can confirm if this is known to work / not work
> and what might need doing if it doesn’t work I’d appreciate it.

I have to say, that I do not if it will work. But I am pretty sure that
chances are small that it will work right away. What prevents you from
just trying it?

> I can re-post on the dev list if more appropriate.

Unfortunately the developers and knowledgable users are quite busy, so
you will have to wait on both lists some time until you get a useful
answer.

> I’ve compiled a few basic details on the system below, I can post more
> if required.

Please attach the output of `alsa-info.sh` [2] if you have problems.

[…]

> 2.6.31-gentoo-r6
>
> *  media-libs/alsa-lib
>
>       Latest version available: 1.0.21a
>
>       Latest version installed: 1.0.21a

If it does not work you should also try the latest releases first.

[…]

Thanks,

Paul

[1] http://alsa.opensrc.org/index.php/DigitalOut