Re: MAudio audiophile 2496 and resampling trouble

Hi Walker!

Thank you very much! That was it, I didn't use envy24control for setting the right sample rate...!!! I though this app wasn't needed!

Actually my card was always running @48Khz, even when I start jack @44.1Khz, and so the sound wasn't good...

Thanks to you, now everything work as expected (and I even discover I can monitor the input too, which can be useful :)

Again, thank you for your answers, they were very helpfull for me!!

Pilo.

Hey Pilo,

I do everything from the gui, so while we /should/ be having the same
results that doesn't mean we /will/, you know?  I use qjackctl for jack
and envy24control (from alsa-tools) for setting the card params.  Just
another random thing that might inexplicably solve it (happens all the
time.)

Apparently, qjackctl is doing this for me:

/usr/bin/jackd -R -P27 -p128 -dalsa -r48000 -p256 -n4 -D -Chw:M2496
-Phw:M2496

-R is for realtime, -P sets priority, -p is port max;
alsa driver options -p period -n #periods -D duplex, then card names...

I can't see anything that should be making mine do the sample rate
right and yours not...

Doing my usual shotgun debugging I'd try

jackd -d alsa -r 44100 -C hw:M2496 -P hw:M2496

with wherever yours is at for M2496.

Seriously I'm just guessing though.

Also, are you sure you're not resampling during export in ardour?  I
made that mistake once, but I'd hope the default is what the project
is in...

Good luck,
Walker