Re: dual pdaudio-cf cards

On Thu, 11 Feb 2010, Burris T. Ewell wrote:

> On Feb 9, 2010, at 11:08 PM, Jaroslav Kysela wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 9 Feb 2010, Burris T. Ewell wrote:
>>
>>> I'm trying to capture 4 tracks using a pair of pdaudio-cf cards.
>>> Everything seems OK until I try to capture from the route device (or
>>> multi device.)  The red lights on the cards will come on for a
>>> moment,
>>> then the machine will lock up spewing "PDAUDIOCF SRAM buffer overrun
>>> detected!" to the console.
>>
>> No idea. Does one card work? The pdaudiocf card is reset after each
>> operation to default state, so the SRAM buffer should be empty
>> before the record starts. The interrupt should be triggered when 1/8
>> of SRAM buffer is filled, so there should be plenty of time to move
>> samples from it.
>>
>> The reason might be a poor I/O performance through the PCMCIA bus.
>
> I'm wondering if the problem might be related to the fact that the
> drivers don't support shared IRQ access.  There is a warning at boot

It would be quite easy to change driver to support shared interrupts, but
I'm not sure if hardware is capable of this.

> time that the drivers weren't able to be given exclusive access to the
> IRQs.  However, the kernel is reporting that the different cards have
> different IRQs (17 and 18.)  Maybe the interrupt is coming in for one
> of the cards but is being handled by the other ISR?

It's not possible, Each card has own structure which is passed to the
interrupt routine. Just add some debug printk lines to pdacf_interrupt()
and you'll see if interrupts are handled.

 					Jaroslav

-----
Jaroslav Kysela <perex@xxxxxxxx>
Linux Kernel Sound Maintainer