Re: [LAU] How to make Focusrite Saffire 6 USB works?

Hey,

I also got a very quick response from the Focusrite Team:

Hi Christoph,

Thanks for your e-mail and for your interest in the 6 USB.

I'm afraid we do not officially support Linux for any of our products and there are no 3rd party drivers available for the 6USB, that I know of.

There are 3rd party drivers available that are compatible with our FireWire interfaces from here: http://www.ffado.org/

I will talk to our developers to see if we can push for FFADO to do the same for our USB interface, however I don't foresee this happening in the very near future.

Best regards,

Chris Ready
Focusrite/Novation Tech Support

I earnestly hope that ffado or any alsa developer will be interested in developing a driver eventually.

As far as I know Focusrite hasn't developed any USB interfaces yet. Since the Saffire 6 is still pretty new it can't be listet at http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Matrix:Main or did I miss something? If all else fails I guess I have to learn how to write a driver by myself :) I have to use this thing with linux somehow!

Regards,
Christoph