Re: [LAU] How to make Focusrite Saffire 6 USB works?

Hi Pandu!

I emailed Focusrite via the support answerbase if they could release a linux driver. Since all Saffire products are fully supported with Linux and the Saffire 6 is still very new I hope they will develop a linux driver for it. I also tried the alternatives (using vista and the enclosed Ableton Lite Live 7) but it didn't work as good as it could with a linux real-time kernel ;)

This is what I emailed:
Dear Focusrite Team!

After comparing many different USB Interfaces from even more manufacturers I finally came to the conclusion that the Focusrite Saffire 6 USB might be the right choice for me.

In addition to the high-quality preamps and other useful features there was another argument which clearly pointed out a product of Focusrite. The compatibility with the OS Linux. I prefer Linux for my records because of its possibility to run a real-time kernel with a very low latency and its handy DAWs.

Unfortunately Focusrite hasn\'t provided the Saffire 6 USB with a Linux driver yet. I would really appreciate if you could release one, so I can keep doing my records with my real-time Kernel and my DAW.

thanking you in anticipation
Christoph

Let's hope we get a positive reply.

best regards