Re: Identical USB cards to fixed card numbers

On Thu, 21 Jan 2010, Diego Tognola wrote:

> Thanks Clemens,
>
> I tried /dev/snd as well but maybe my 'test' is invalid ?
>
> My expectations was that if I have rules for USB1-> card1, USB2->card2
> and USB3->card3 setup, then reboot with the audio card on USB2
> unplugged, then I should not see a card2 in /dev/snd or cat
> /proc/asound/cards ? What I see, however, is a card1 and card2, no
> card3.

You should base your rules on USB serial numbers (hopefully the hardware
vendor created unique serial numbers, otherwise you have no proper way to
determine hw). You may also use the full hardware path (USB bus numbers
and USB port numbers).

 					Jaroslav

-----
Jaroslav Kysela <perex@xxxxxxxx>