Re: Identical USB cards to fixed card numbers

Hi guys.

Could you please post the rule, as soon as you've figured how it works.

This information is missing in the Wiki. Would be nice to update the Wiki accordingly. ( I could do that)

Cheers

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 1:50 PM, Clemens Ladisch <clemens@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Diego Tognola wrote:
> I'm trying to assign identical USB cards (3 x M-Audio Mobile Pre) to
> fixed card numbers, based on their USB port. So far, I've created a
> udev rule that maps the kernel and device name to /dev/dsp[cardnumber].
>
> I know that this rule is working, as changes are reflected in the
> /dev/dsp* namings. For instance, using card numbers 11,12,13 instead
> of 1,2,3.
>
> The problem is that alsa completely ignores these rules.

ALSA uses the device files in /dev/snd/; the card number is the number
after the "C".

HTH
Clemens