Re: Module options required (was VT1818S not working)

2009/12/24 Mark Goldberg <marklgoldberg@xxxxxxxxx>
On Thu, Dec 24, 2009 at 8:45 AM, Business Kid <business.kid@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have a similar chip to you. Audio works for me, and I can pass on any
> stuff needed, I have pcm outputs. I have no microphone - alsamixer shows red
> writing and no level for the mic :-/.  I did discover this little bit in the
> wiki and am going off to experiment

I guess it would be good to see the results of lsmod, lspci -vvnn and
hal-device, along with whatever
got created in /etc/modprobe.d such as 50-sound.conf or local.conf or
/etc/modprobe.conf it your
system uses that. Maybe I can figure out what to do from them.

If the PCI ID is wrong, and lspci-vvnn gives me:

I'm not sure it can work unless I actually patch the alsa source to
look for the different PCI ID.
I don;t really understand enough to know how many places would need to
be changed.
None of the above says anything about Via. I also can't find anything
about the 1818 chip
in any alsa docs I have found.

Mark
I'll send you along some stuff privately. No need to spam the mailing list.

There is the module options, which are powerful.   If some kind soul would tell us what they are. What I noticed was that alsamixer sees the 'card' as a hda ati sb, but the chip as an AD 1981