Re: Delta66 xruns and asound.conf buffer size

Hi Jaroslav,

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 04:19:40PM +0100, Jaroslav Kysela wrote:

> The value 5461 comes from this formula:
>
> 262144 (256KB audio buffer) / (12 (channels) * 4 (bytes per sample))
>
> The hardware you're using can handle only 256KB ring buffer giving
> approx. 247msec audio buffer at 22050Hz rate. This time should be
> enough.

This is very helpful information. I appreciate it very much.

> I think that your system is not tuned in respect of real-time
> all audio tasks with highest realtime priority. Ideally, the machine
> should not do any other tasks.

The machine will be dedicated to capturing four independent channels
and streaming them. I think it should be powerful enough to do that.

Thanks again,
Chuck

                  My web site: www.hallenbeck.ftml.net
               Audio editor, weblog: edway.wordpress.com
                                --------

The secret of a happy marriage is to treat all disasters as incidents,
and none of the incidents as a disaster. -- Harold Nicolson