Re: [Intel-gfx] Problems with HDMI audio on Intel DG45FC motherboard

> On Thu, Nov 05, 2009 at 05:06:22PM +0800, David Härdeman wrote:
>> On Thu, November 5, 2009 08:47, Wu Fengguang wrote:
>>>
>>> Attached is my updated patchset, which includes the sticky
>>> stream/infoframe features.
>>
>> Thanks, I'll take a look at it as soon as possible.

I've read through the latest set of patches you sent me and also compiled
a kernel using them. The patches look good and work great (save for the
fact that I still have a 0.2s silence, but it's still a big improvement).
I'd be happy to see them go upstream :)

On a related note, I still think the only way to get a really flawless
playback on my picky receiver is to implement some kind of "silentstream"
as mentioned earlier (since then I've also tried messing with VCFG and V,
but it seems to upset my receiver even more than complete silence since it
will take even longer to provide sounds once audio starts flowing again).

Some other drivers seem to support it (though implemented via hardware
specific means), one example:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf86-video-radeonhd/commit/?id=422ac06b69cfcbfbaa802fdc916d3b87f40eeb41

Do you think you could ask your colleagues at Intel to explain how they've
implemented silentstream in the windows driver?

--
David Härdeman