Re: USB sound card with no simple controls

On Sat, 7 Nov 2009 16:00:07 -0800 (PST)
Bill Unruh <unruh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sat, 7 Nov 2009, Greg Erwin wrote:
>
> > I have an M-Audio Jamlab usb sound card.  It works, but It doesn't
> > seem to have any simple controls:
> >
> > $amixer -c1 controls
> > numid=1,iface=MIXER,name='PCM Playback Switch'
> > numid=2,iface=MIXER,name='PCM Playback Volume'
> > numid=3,iface=MIXER,name='Mic Capture Switch'
> > numid=4,iface=MIXER,name='Mic Capture Volume'
> >
> > $amixer -c1 scontrols
> > amixer: Mixer hw:1 load error: Invalid argument
> >
> > $alsamixer -c1
>

> > cannot load mixer controls: Invalid argument
>
> It looks to me like there is a problem in your definition of the hw.
> Try
> aplay -l
> to see what also thinks you have.
>

> > Is there some way to fix this?  It's been like this since I got the
> > card (year or to ago).

$ aplay -l
card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 0: CONEXANT Analog [CONEXANT Analog]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 1: Conexant Digital [Conexant Digital]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 1: JamLab [JamLab], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0