Need help to debug USB audio problem (Burr-Brown DAC + garbled sound)

Hello,

  I own a Hifidiy Mini USB DAC
(http://us.hifidiy.net/Article.asp?ArticleId=215) based on a TI Burr-Brown
DAC (http://focus.ti.com/docs/prod/folders/print/pcm1793.html).  It has works
flawlessly with my old computer.  Now, I have built a new machine and I'm
having problems.

  Here are the symptoms :

- Sound is never crystal clear

- A ramdom amount of time after having the sound starts to degrade.  This
always happens.  It may take a few seconds or it may take sevral hours.

- Playback will continue with the sound getting more and more garbeled.

- This happens regardless of the player (MPlayer, Amarok, Kaffeine, etc...)

- When I stop the playback, I get an error message in dmesg :
[ 2211.734042] ALSA sound/usb/usbaudio.c:923: timeout: still 3 active urbs..
[ 2211.734061] ALSA sound/usb/usbaudio.c:871: cannot submit datapipe for urb
0, error -22: internal error
[ 2216.766358] usb 3-2: amarokapp timed out on ep0out len=0/0

- If I stop playback after the start of the problems, and try to start it
again, the player will complain about not being able to open the device and I
get the following message in dmesg :
[ 2221.770657] ALSA sound/usb/usbaudio.c:1335: 2:1:1: usb_set_interface failed

- Once the problem occured, the command "modprobe -r snd_usb_audio" will just
hang.

Mesures and test I have done :

- Since I wan't sure if this is a sofware or a hardware issue, I took the hard
drive from my old machine and installed it in the new one thus using the
exact same software.  The still problem occurs.

- I have added a few printks to usbaudio.c and to try get a trace of which
fnctions are called.

Both my computers are based on ASUS motherboards with NVidia chipsets.  The
new machine is based an NVidia MCP78S.  The old one is based on an NVidia
MCP55.

What can I do to identify if the problem is related to the hardware, the
driver or the lib?  The fact that my USB sound card still works flawlessly on
my old computer and that all other USB hardware works without any problem on
the new one lead me to beleive that the problem is in the way the
snd_usb_audio driver interacts with the MCP78S, but I may be looking at the
wrong place.

Since the error message I get is pretty similar to what was already posted in
Mantis 0002128 (https://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/alsa-bug/view.php?id=2128),
I have added further info there.

Any help, pointers, and insults ;-) are of course welcome!

Prozzaks