Several USB cards position in /proc/asound/cards

Sorry in advance for crossposting.

I used to have three soundcards in this system. One internal soundcard
embedded in my mobo, then an RME PCI soundcard, and an USB MIDI
interface. Then I added this code to /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf .

# Make sure internal soundcard grabs index 0
alias snd-card-0 snd-intel8x0
alias sound-slot-0 snd-intel8x0
options snd-intel8x0 index=0
alias snd-card-1 snd-rme96
alias sound-slot-1 snd-rme96
options snd-rme96 index=1
alias snd-card-2 snd-usb-audio
alias sound-slot-2 snd-usb-audio
options snd-usb-audio index=2

So in /proc/asound/cards the internal soundcard gets index 0, the PCI
soundcard gets index 1 and the MIDI interface gets index 2.

Now I bought an USB webcam, which also has a mic input. It appears in
the system as another USB soundcard. The problem is that during boot
as hotplug runs before anything else the first soundcard gets index 2
as specified by alsa-base.conf but the second soundcard overrides
index 0. Module snd-intel8x0 is loaded but internal soundcard is not
available and does not appear in /proc/asound/cards.

How do I specify order of *several* USB soundcards in alsa-base.conf?

Any information very useful so thanks in advance.

Cordially, Ismael
--
Ismael Valladolid Torres      Hey there! ivalladt is using Twitter.
  <ivalladt@xxxxxxxxx>        http://twitter.com/ivalladt

t. 0034912519850              Facebook: http://profile.to/ivalladt
m. 0034609884094 (Yoigo)                http://groups.to/lamediahostia

Google Talk/Jabber/MSN Messenger: ivalladt@xxxxxxxxx
      Jaiku/Twitter/Skype/Yahoo!: ivalladt
                         AIM/ICQ: 264472328     GnuPG key: DE721AF4