Re: sound capture does not work

First try to see if anything sees this sound card.
First try kmix
you should see two tabs, one for the intel and the other the usb card. Open
the usb tab.
Now look for capture devices. Do you see anything?
Go into settings and see if some are hidden, and have kmix display them.

If you cannot see anything, then apparently alsa does not see any capture
devices for that card.
(are you sure it has capture?)