Re: Xonar HDAV1.3 Deluxe support

Jed wrote:
> Clemens Ladisch wrote:
> > The driver supports all hardware features, except HDMI, which makes it
> > quite useless.
>
> No sure what you mean?

The main purpose of the HDAV models is the HDMI sound output.  It would
not make sense to buy them when you don't want to use HDMI.

> So long as it supports analogue-out nicely then I'm happy!

Then you could have saved money with a DX or a D2X.

> I might be getting the Essence ST + 6.1 expansion board instead.

It doesn't look as if Asus is actually going to sell the daughter board
separately.  However, it's the same H6 board used by the HDAV1.3 Deluxe.

> Hopefully adding analogue-out support for it will be quite similar to
> the HDAV deluxe?

The driver already knows about that.  What is missing is support for the
ST's CS2000 chip, but this is coming really soon.

Best regards,
Clemens