Sound lag with new x-fi driver

Just wanted to ask - does anybody else have this issue or know how to
resolve it? Previously I used Creative's driver for my X-Fi Titanium
card and I heard a ~1s sound lag. Was especially clear when changing
my volume settings, because the sound got louder/quieter only a moment
after I set it to be so. And while watching any movie with humans'
faces, a big desynchronisation between lips and voice is visible.I
hoped it would be fixed for new drivers coming with ALSA 1.0.21 and
kernel 2.6.31, but this is still an issue. I'm on Archlinux with ALSA
1.0.21 and kernel 2.6.30, and my x-fi driver comes from here:

http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=616965#p616965

Hope you can help. Is this going to be fixed after updating to 2.6.31 kernel?