SB live: issuing amixer set Line 0 off not working anymore

Hello,

for the last years I have had my soundblaster live working perfectly with alsa.

However recently something changed. I regularly capture from Line-in, which i mute.

so:

amixer set Capture 3
amixer cset name="Capture Source" 4
amixer set Line 0 off

However Line is no longer muted, it is only marginally softer than on level 30.

Now when I mute PCM (amixer set PCM 0 off) Linein gets muted as well. (PCM too). If I only want to mute my PCM device I have to issue amixer set Wave 0.

What I'd like to know is how to mute Line again, without muting PCM.

I use linux kernel 2.6.29 with alsa-lib 1.0.19.

Kind regards,

Henk.