High CPU load using ALSA lib 1.0.19

Hi ALSA users,

I am facing an issue with CPU load while using ALSA lib 1.0.19 or ALSA lib 1.0.20.

During play out, when under normal conditions, (i.e. no under run condition occurs) the CPU load is less than 10%. But, whenever under run occurs, the CPU load shoots up to more than 50%.

This seems to be an issue with ALSA framework itself, as many have posted their comments along similar lines on the web.  I am pointing to one of them which is along the similar lines. (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/alsa-driver/+bug/277243). I think the load issue is independent of the CPU. I am developing my application on TI processor.

I am a beginner for ALSA. Can anyone help me out with a possible solution  for this problem?

Pease let me know, if you have some pointers which can help me, solving this problem.

Kiran Kumar A.